Friday 21 June 2013

Smart Homes - Home Automation Control!

Now, one excellent use of the Raspberry Pi, is to turn your home into a smart home. One of the simplest projects that can be done in this field is turning on and off sockets. This can be done either with a wireless set of sockets and modifying the remote for them, or with a relay. Like this.


That way, you can control lights and similar objects. I however, decided to start somewhere a little more adventurous; with motorized curtains. This is a bit more tricky than sockets, but I had all the parts I needed already.

In the next post, I'll go through how I made a fancy web front end and how I put it all together.

Jamie

4 comments:

  1. No way near as fun as DIY ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    I completely agree with commentators totally nice
    Very interesting article that you’ve posted. It’s been a while since I posted in my G+ account.Found the views to be quite informative and intriguing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! If it's a query or question, I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can. I hope this blog has helped or inspired you!