Saturday 9 March 2013

Blue LCD Display (x2)

Yesterday evening, my 2 new LCD displays arrived from China! I couldn't get it working until today because I needed a 10k potentiometer that I didn't have. After Googling which household items have potentiometers in, I found that there were 2 100k ones in an old joystick I had lying about. That got the screen working :D


Unfortunately using the GPIO to control the LCD meant that there was no way to use the spare ports as they were in the wrong mode (LCD uses GPIO.BCM and I need GPIO.BOARD). To get around this so I can use the LCD on TankPi, and use the other GPIOs, was to use the I2C ports on the Pi (it meant I'd used the only one up, but I think that's not a problem on this project :) ). I'm now waiting for the I2C chip to be delivered from CPC, then we'll see how that works out.




Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! If it's a query or question, I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can. I hope this blog has helped or inspired you!