Friday 29 March 2013

Drive Motors for TankPi

After a bit of testing, I found that the old cordless drill motors I was intending to use for this project have too much speed and not enough torque. I am going to have to either gear them, or alter the voltage/current to make this better as it is currently not geared at all.
We'll see what happens...

In order to get the belt to actually move, without the back drive wheel bending, I found I needed to put a bracket on the drive wheel as shown below.


I'll post again soon with another small mini-project I've been working on, and to share updates on how TankPi is doing!

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! If it's a query or question, I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can. I hope this blog has helped or inspired you!