Saturday 23 March 2013

LED Cube Board

After using the LED cube by taping wires to the legs, I made a board which has 13 pins on (9 columns, 3 layers, and ground) and is all wired up for use.


Each layer on the cube had each LED's cathodes linked up together, and then to a transistor and then to ground. The transistors and ground connected to the 4 pins on the right (3 layers + ground) and each column connected to one of 9 pins on the left. The soldering and wiring underneath is a complete mess and it doesn't sit flat on the table so I'll need to stick some feet on it. Once the camera's charged (I left it plugged into the computer on, d'oh) I'll stick some more pictures up, some of the wiring and a circuit diagram.

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! If it's a query or question, I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can. I hope this blog has helped or inspired you!